Archive by Author

Bombing Waugoshance

Via our good friend, Terry Pepper. On April 24, 1943, 2,513.54 acres of property in Michigan were withdrawn from public use and leased to the US Navy. Following the lease agreement, over 1944 and 1945 both Waugoshance Point and the abandoned Waugoshance lighthouse were used by the Navy for target practice using experimentation television equipped […]

Spring Has Come to the Straits of Mackinac

MAY 07 2013 The weather is beautiful and we are excited to get the summer rolling and hopefully start restoring our favorite lighthouse, Waugoshance or what we have recently come to call her, Waugy. Right now we are waiting on a decision from the Michigan DEQ on the grant proposal we had submitted last fall […]